This course includes hundreds of videos, supplementary information, and simulations not found anywhere else.
After completing this course, you will have the knowledge you need to land your first job in the HVAC career field and be on your way to earning a living that will support you and your family.
The HVAC jobs market is growing 21% faster than the national average... you'll never be out of work.
- Reading assignments are short. 3-5 pages per assignment... easy evening read.
- Videos and supplementary information, reinforce each module of instruction.
- Post questions and have discussions in the online classroom forum.
- Attend or review our live training events.
- Request live one-on-one training for areas where you need help.
- Apply your knowledge with our online HVAC simulation.
- Test your knowledge with end of module exams.
20 Modules of HVAC Instruction
This course is designed to provide you with the an in depth knowledge of air conditioning and heating systems. The topics covered in this course are geared toward high temperature refrigeration (air-conditioning) systems such as package equipment and split-type, central air-conditioning systems, heat pumps, gas and electric furnaces. . This course is intended for those who are looking to obtain a solid foundation of air-conditioning and heating knowledge to begin their career in the HVAC field.
Module 1: Heat, Temperature and Pressure
This unit covers temperature, methods of measuring and transferring heat, and discussions pertaining to molecular motion, sensible heat, latent heat, and specific heat. It also discusses atmospheric pressure and test instruments such as gauges used to measure pressure.
Module 2: Matter and Energy
This unit defines matter, mass, density, specific gravity, and specific volume. Gas laws, including Boyle’s law, Charles’ law, the general law of perfect gas, and Dalton’s law, are stated. The broad subject of energy is covered, as well as energy in heat and in magnetism.